The best sustainable products. All in one place.
SENIOR DEVELOPER (PHP - Magento - Team Lead)
At one with the code.
At Dayrize, we’re on a mission for everyone to *Buy good* by reframing sustainability; making it easy, fun, joyful and accessible.
Dayrize.com is an online marketplace that makes it easy to use your buying power to shop for goods… that do good. We sell thousands of amazing products that are assessed by our Dayrize Score, a set of metrics that evaluate the degree to which a product can be considered sustainable, regenerative, and circular. All that is a fancy way to say we find you the stuff you love that happens to be good for the planet too.
ABOUT THE JOB
As an experienced Senior Magento Developer, you will lead the creation of a small development team and build on the existing Dayrize.com platform. You and your team will be responsible for delivering incremental improvements and new greenfield projects as they are needed. Your focus will be setting the technology direction with an emphasis on automation. You will maintain the current website with measurables on uptime and performance. You will help to develop a QA practice to test work both through manual testing and automated processes.
This is a full stack role because of our start-up environment, and you will therefore also have input into setting coding standards and creating a CICD pipeline. As part of the first round of hires you will also be a part of developing our culture and decide on how we work together as a team - something that makes you tick.
- An energetic, positive thinker with a curious mind.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience building, deploying and maintaining production websites.
- A broad set of technology skills and an ability to dive in and diagnose problems in areas that are not your speciality.
- Track record working with Magento 2.
- Experience with Restful APIs.
- Experience with container technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker).
- Experience with Python and / or other programming languages is a plus.
- The ability to communicate complex ideas to an audience with a range of technical backgrounds.
- Critical thinking skills, with the ability to weigh up the risks and consequences of decisions without over-analysing them.
- A passion for motivating, inspiring and supporting your team members to get the best results while having fun.
- An above average interest in sustainability and what’s good for the planet.
If the above describes you, please do send your CV along with a quick note as to why you are keen on this role to firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title in the subject field.
Disclaimer: In applying to this position, you consent to Dayrize.com to keep your CV and application details on record and to process your CV internally with relevant departments involved with the recruitment of the advertised position.
Go back to the Join Our Team overview page.