The best sustainable products. All in one place.
Sometimes we’re all scared of commitment
But we challenge you to name a more worthy commitment than Mother Earth. It’s brought us food, clothing, shelter (and coffee!) for millions of years. But with advances in science, we now know that even our little powerhouse of a planet has its limits. Scientists have defined nine “planetary boundaries” that we shouldn’t cross to keep our home liveable. Bad news: we’ve already crossed four. Including climate change (no surprise there).
But there’s good news: this is not where the story ends.
We know it might feel like individually we’re too small to make an impact. But all of our daily choices add up. The products and services we buy are responsible for a whopping 60% of our planetary impact. Of course, that includes things like the houses we live in and the cars we drive, but around half of it (30% total) is caused just by the products we buy.
That means, together, we can fix this. We can all agree to use our influence for good. Not to consume unnecessarily – and when we do consume, to practice buying good. And it’s not all on you. Companies have to step up their act too. We’ll go first: Dayrize is committed to bringing consumption within planetary boundaries. And we’re tackling this big, hairy goal through these key commitments:
- Making responsible consumption easy and accessible to everyone
- Assembling the largest offering of best-in-class sustainable products. We aim to sell 100% carbon neutral products and have a regenerative product offering by 2030.
- Pioneering the Dayrize Score, a simple and accurate impact-assessment tool.
- Helping you understand your own impact budget and the impact savings you can create by changing your purchasing choices.
- Supporting brands and product makers in their efforts to make products less impactful
- Reinvesting 5% of our annual profits to support our partners in redesigning their products and value chains to lower their impact.
- Openly sharing knowledge and insights with partners on how they can work to improve their Dayrize Score and design regenerative, carbon-neutral, and circular products.
- Further reducing the impact of what you buy from us by being:
- Certified B-Corporation (pending).
- Member of 1% For the Planet.
- Dayrize operations to be 100% carbon neutral by 2030 – including the emissions associated with shipping.
- 100% circular packaging (fully reusable, recyclable, or biodegradable) by 2025.
We are committed to these actions and we hope you’ll join us on our journey. We’re not going to get there overnight, but we’re sure as hell going to make it as fun as possible along the way.